The EAFAF Building and Grounds Committee works with East’s administration, faculty and staff to improve and maintain school facilities and grounds. In concert with the Board of the Foundation and Denver Public Schools, the Committee provides coordination, oversight, and fundraising for a variety of projects to preserve and improve East High School for current and future students.
The foundation recently completed a feasibility study and cost assessment of several potential upgrades to the East High School auditorium, including all audio visual systems, daylighting via restoration of the original windows, augmentation of ‘house lights’, and cosmetic upgrades.
EAFAF has partnered with DPS to undertake an approximately $300,000 overhaul of the auditorium’s sound system and to set the stage for additional AV improvements in the future. System design began summer 2018 and installation is anticipated late in the fall semester.
The auditorium is one of the most used spaces in the building and a functioning sound system is critical to student learning. Please consider helping to make this critical project a reality by donating today.
You may donate by credit card. If you would like to contribute by check, please send your donation to:
PO Box 201404
Denver, CO 80220
- $500,000 renovation of the East High School Counseling facilities. 2015
- $250,000 entry plaza renovation and commemorative paver project. 2010
- Historic research, partial funding, and restoration of bronze “Keystone Angel”–the original school mascot in the Angel Garden. 2009
- Restoration and repair of the East High School tower’s historic clock. 2008
- Enhanced landscaping of esplanade and south courtyard. 2008
- School library renovation in cooperation with Colorado Historical Society –management and partial funding $300,000. 2006
Entry Plaza Bricks and Pavers
The East Entry Plaza Renovation was completed in Summer 2010 but we continue to install bricks and pavers on the plaza. The entry plaza renovation recognizes the importance of the historic entrance to East and reinforces its daily use as the “gateway to learning” when students arrive each day. The renovated and expanded plaza provides a social gathering place and an inspiring first impression of East High School. You can purchase your brick or paver today.