EAFAF supports the East High community through generous funding of faculty and staff grant requests. Each fall, faculty and staff are invited to apply for grant funds through the Foundation’s Faculty and Staff Grant Committee. Applications that support innovation, excellence and enrichment for the students of East High are encouraged. After the application deadline in mid-September, the Committee reviews applications, conducts follow-up with faculty and staff, and meets to make funding decisions. Input from the administration at East is provided throughout the process and availability of school funds is a part of the evaluation.
The committee typically receives between 30 and 35 grant requests seeking approximately $100,000. The grant requests demonstrate an impressive dedication to the students of East High. The Foundation strives to fund all qualified grant requests. Examples of recent grants include:
- Bringing DCPA’s “Shakespeare in the Parking Lot” to East
- Continuing support for East’s Angels on Air broadcasting venture
- Cooking classes for special education students
- Classroom technology updates
- Providing RTD bus tickets to students who need help getting to and from school
- Funding for the music department: including instrument purchases, assistance with production of a CD of student music, individual instruction for student in music classes
- Facilitating student participation in the Telluride and Denver Film Festivals
- Maintenance and equipment for theatrical stage productions
- An assistant athletic trainer to work with student athletes and P.E. classes
- A support group for students experiencing homelessness during the academic year
The Committee would like to thank our fabulous faculty and staff for applying, for always striving for excellence, and for expecting the same from our kids. For more information about Faculty and Staff Grants, please contact email@example.com.